Hi! I’m Ale, a loud, happy and caffeinated bilingual Colombian girl that’s the voice behind this blog. This blog is an extension of who I am, and I share here what I have learned about being a mother, a step-mother, and how to be a kickass mom. I have a 12-year-old and a 1-year-old. (My 12-year-old is my step-son)
My biggest challenge on becoming a mother has been connecting with other moms and allowing myself to be vulnerable as challenges arise in this crazy ride called motherhood. Because of this, I started creating articles and other resources to share what I have learned in the hope to help other moms take control of their house, the home, and their life.
I provide articles, books and any other useful resources I find and create along the way to help people like you who are looking to find and live by your own definition of happiness in your motherhood journey.
So who am I
I’m a proud Latina living in the U.S. since I was 16.
I married my soulmate. I’m a new mom and we just welcomed our baby “Manny” early 2018. I’m also a step-mom of a 12-year-old boy “Kiki” who I met when he was 2 years old.
I am a personal growth, happiness addict and will try anything to simplify my life. I love to empathize and encourage other moms to keep on swimming – we are in this together.
Through a personal journey to find my life purpose in 2015, through this blog I was able to speak my truth, share my infertility journey, share that I suffer from anxiety, share that step-motherhood is hard, share that we can all make our own version of what happiness is.
Want more? Here are 10 Things about me to get to know me better
- Born in Bogotá, Colombia but moved to the US at 13, therefore I have both cultures deeply engraved.
- A Digital Marketer and a mommy during the day and a blogger at night.
- An Infertility survivor, a step-mom and a Mom raising 2 boys 11 years apart.
- Married to my soulmate but it told us some time to find each other since for bout of us this is our second marriage.
- I used to be a pet photographer
- Boston terrier lover and addict of all things Boston Terrier. Currently have two Boston Terriers: Lola and Falco, but at one point I had 10 Boston’s at home when Lila gave birth to 9 pups!
- We love the water so on the weekends you will usually find us on our boat deep sea fishing or at the Florida keys camping
- I love to read personal growth books and romance novels.
- I battle anxiety and love all things happiness and Personal growth which drove me to open up this blog in 2015 as an aid and motivational resource primarily in Spanish.
- Love hacks, tips, quick recipes and anything that makes life easier
- BONUS: I have awful memory… so I rely on writing EVERYTHING! The good side? Tell me a joke twice and I will laugh at it both times because I probably won’t remember it… 🤷♀️
So glad you stopped by and learned more about me! please say hello by commenting on one of the articles, sending me an email, or even connecting with me via social media. We as humans, love communities and I am certainly glad to be part of yours.
If you have any questions or would like to be featured on the blog you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org