Hi! I’m Ale, the voice behind this blog. I’m a proud Latina living in the US since I was 16. I married my soulmate and he’s Venezuelan. I’m a new mom welcoming our baby in 2018 and I’m also a step-mom of a Canadian born boy who has been living with us since he was 2.
I am a personal growth, happiness addict and will try anything to simplify my life. Not many know as I kept it a secret for many years, but I have PMDD (a severe form of PMS) and battle with depression and anxiety – therefore my addiction to being happy and finding ways to be happy.
Through a personal journey to find my life purpose in 2015, I was able to speak my truth and share that I was not perfect by creating a blog (HappinessYpunto!) that allowed me to share my story, my struggles and what I have learned in the process.
I share what I have learned about being a mother, a step-mother, as well as personal growth tips. I share some lifestyle ideas to simplify life and be happier.
I provide articles, books and any other useful resources I find and create along the way to help people like you who are looking to find and live by your own definition of happiness.
Here are 10 Things about me to get to know me better
- Born in Bogotá, Colombia but moved to the US at 13, therefore I have both cultures deeply engraved.
- A Digital Marketer and a mommy during the day and a blogger at night.
- An Infertility survivor, a step-mom and a Mom raising 2 boys 11 years apart.
- Married to my soulmate but it told us some time to find each other since for bout of us this is our second marriage.
- I used to be a pet photographer
- Boston terrier lover and addict of all things Boston Terrier. Currently have two Boston Terriers: Lola and Falco, but at one point I had 10 Boston’s at home when Lila gave birth to 9 pups!
- We love the water so on the weekends you will usually find us on our boat deep sea fishing or at the Florida keys camping
- I love to read personal growth books and romance novels.
- I battle anxiety and love all things happiness and Personal growth which drove me to open up this blog in 2015 as an aid and motivational resource primarily in Spanish.
- Love hacks, tips, quick recipes and anything that makes life easier
- BONUS: I have awful memory… so I rely on writing EVERYTHING! The good side? Tell me a joke twice and I will laugh at it both times because I probably won’t remember it… 🤷♀️
So glad you stopped by and learned more about me! please say hello by commenting on one of the articles, sending me an email, or even connecting with me via social media. We as humans, love communities and I am certainly glad to be part of yours.
If you have any questions or would like to be featured on the blog you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org