I often share on instagram what I do in terms of sensory activities with Manuel. I think some of these activities should not be forgotten in the feed and therefore I am planning to start giving them a forever home here on the blog.
Some activities are a success and others a total fail. Somehow when I do them they almost never turn out
This one was a hit! Maybe because I love to paint or because the end product was really cute.
Toddlers and pre-toddlers (12 – 18months) love organized activities that explore their senses and creativity.
Painting is a really fun way to do this. Is an easy set up and because these are water based paints they are easy to clean up.
You may be interested in creating your own paints at home or even an edible alternative.
Today’s Activity for 13 months old
How to play
🌈 🇨🇴🇱🇴🇷 🇲🇮🇽🇮🇳🇬 🇦🇨🇹🇮🇻🇮🇹🇾
– Tape paper to table so pre-toddler doesn’t pick it up and makes a paint disaster
– 🎨 choose two primary color paint (I used @crayola finger paint)
– place a few dabs of your first color paint on the left side of the paper
– place paint color #2 on the right side -let pre-toddler spread the colors and be amazed at the new color created
– clean up messy hands when done
– hang art project proudly
I hope this activity has been to your liking, we had a great time doing it. I leave you down the materials that we use for this activity. We recommend always having these elements at hand as they are very versatile to create various activities.